Please note the information below is subject to change prior to the registration deadline.
Sunday July 21, 2019
8:30 am to 4 pm
$150 per team (4-6 players in a team)
- All entrants must hold a valid Tennis BC membership. Renewals or memberships are available online at tc.tournamentsoftware.com or www.tennisbc.org – Select Types of Memberships.
- Any individual whose rights to compete have been suspended by Tennis BC or Tennis Canada shall be ineligible to play in any sanctioned tournament during the period of such suspension.
ENTRY AND ACCEPTANCE
- Acceptance is by first come first served.
- All entries are subject to the approval of Event Committee.
- Maximum 6 players of NTRP 3.0 to 4.5 level. Total strength on court is NTRP 16.0 (see info in team ties)
- Team must submit the levels of team players with registration.
- Each team tie is composed of 1 Men’s Doubles, 1 Women’s Doubles, and 2 Mixed Doubles
- Each Team tie uses 2 courts to play one Men’s Doubles and one Women’s Doubles, followed by 2 Mixed Doubles.
- All 6 players are allowed in the lineup in each match tie of 4 matches. The total strength of 4 players on court is 16.0. This means if players for Men’s Doubles is of the strength of 7.0, the Women’s Doubles can be 9.0.
DRAWS AND SCHEDULE
- Draws will be round robin with playoffs. 3 match ties are guaranteed to each team. Other draw format may be used depending on the number of teams.
- Schedule will be available online on tournament website.
- All teams must be available to play at scheduled time.
RULES OF PLAY
- Match format – all rubber matches will be one regular set with Full-ad scoring. A 7-point tie-break will be played at 6-6 games to decide the match.
- Warm up will be 5 min.
- All matches will be governed by Tennis Canada Rules of the Court. Players are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct as set out by Tennis Canada.
- Players are expected to be dressed and ready to play 15 minutes prior to their scheduled match time.
- Players without acceptable attire will not be permitted to play. Non-marking shoes must be worn while on court.
- Tennis BC event organizer has the final decisions.
- One point will be given to each game players won in all the matches. The team score is the total points all team members get.
- The winning team of round robin will be determined by the highest number of points.
- If 2 teams are tied with the same number of points, the tie will be broken by Head to Head result of the 2 teams.
- If 3 teams are tied with the same number of points, the tie will be broken as follows:
- The difference between the total number of games won and the total number of games lost.
- If, after this calculation, only 2 teams remain tied, the result of the head to head match tie played between the two teams will be used to break the tie.
- If, after this calculation, there are still teams that remain tied, then the order will be drawn by lot.